Sunday, September 25, 2016

When else fails, blog.

My body has 2 extremes, 95% of the time it will sleep and sleep and sleep without flinching for up to 12 hours. That 5% of the time is boycotts sleep! I've actually had a normal, healthy sleep pattern going lately! I went to sleep at 12 Friday night and woke up at 9 with a headache.

I can be horribly inconsistent with taking my medication and the first symptom of withdrawal from missing too many doses I get is a headache. I figured I was just being too flaky lately, yet it didn't feel like a Prozac withdrawal headache. I thought maybe it was my allergies, as I felt pressure in my sinuses. I took my meds, including my allergies meds and went about my day. I have been crazy busy canning salsa yesterday (Friday, it still feels like Saturday to me) and had plans to finish and move on to apples my friend/ neighbor brought over. (for the record I'm so out of it I can't type or spell correctly right now so sorry for all the typos)

Long story short, the headache never went away. As I was prepping the applesauce I took my glasses off for several hours because apple juice was splashing my face the whole time. I figured, that was keep the headache around. By 7:30 pm I was starting to feel miserable. I finally took headache medicine, but by that point it hit a full blown migraine! Lights, sounds, smells all hurt and made me nauseous! I was so nauseous I couldn't even eat dinner. I texted the Primary President to warn her that I might not be there tomorrow. I'm the 2nd counselor and have also been filling in for our Secretary while she is out with her new baby. I went to bed at 9 and fell right asleep. My body normally refuses to fall asleep until 12 or 1, if not later. I woke up at 1:30, went to the bathroom and could not fall back asleep! I've been tossing and turning for hours now. So, here I am, blogging.

And now after being in the living room with the light on and the light of the computer screen my migraine is coming back! I'm trying to stay on top of it this time and already took headache medicine and I am going to head back to my nice quiet, dark bedroom even if I can't sleep! Wish me luck!

No comments: