Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Comfort Kit

The other day I was thinking about posting about my "comfort kit." When I first started seeing James he told me that I needed to put together something like a care package, put together things that brought me comfort for when I was having a rough time. My main "kit" is just pictures. At the time I got out my old baby blanket, but didn't use it much for comfort. A few days ago I all of a sudden had this weird longing for it. Last night I looked for it and couldn't find it. Tonight I mentioned it to my husband and he knew exactly where it was. It is now draped across my shoulder. Holding and smelling my BABY blanket and thinking about infertility isn't a good mix. I think I'll sit here and cry until I need to get ready to leave for Provo...

What is in my "comfort kit", the following-
The song and words to, "I Know That My Redeemer Lives"
it's my favorite hymn, and was also my mom's favorite hymn and brings me comfort.

The song- Close Enough To Touch, from Woman at the Well. I love the song and picture that's also about it-

And my baby blanket-


these pictures-


I added this picture just now. It's of my dog Maggie's youngest puppy "Miley" this picture always makes me smile.


My baby, Maggie

Not pictured:
Me as a baby
My mom and I, I'm about 3 months old
Sister Parker and I.
Hayley and I on my wedding day.
My oldest nephew, at a few weeks old.
My first foster son, just days before he left

because of SOLE, my deep love and passion for the Atonement and The Savior-


As teenagers Hayley and I would go up the Las Vegas Temple and just look at it. It was our safe/ peaceful place to go.

No comments: