Thursday, May 13, 2010

How to Heal Yourself after an Abusive Childhood

By xxdesertash
I know that child abuse is a subject that everyone likes to shy away from talking about, but lets face it; it happens. It actually is happening more and more all over the USA every year. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' Child Welfare Information Gateway reported 3 million cases of possible child abuse in 2006. The numbers are shocking. I feel that raising child abuse awareness is something that is very important to do. Being one of the 872,000 of the confirmed child abuse cases in the USA, I have learned how to not so much overcome what happened to me as a child , but grow from it and become the best person I can be. In my case I was sexually abused, however my advice can help the abused from all different cases; whether it be physically, emotionally, or sexual. This is what I have learned in the process of healing from the child abuse.

-full article here-

No comments: