Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Quote on Divorce

There is a lady that recently moved into my ward. I have her daughter in my primary class. On the weeks that I don't teach primary she and I usually sit next to each other during Sunday School and Relief Society. I don't know her that well, but we do have some things in common. We both have struggled with infertility. I am the child of divorce and she is recently divorced. This quote makes me think of her (and also my mom). I always try to stay mindful of her daughter during my primary lessons especially if the lesson involves family.

"The traumatic experience one goes through in divorce seems little understood and is perhaps not well enough appreciated. Certainly, much more sympathy and understanding need to be extended to those who have experienced this great tragedy and whose lives cannot be reversed. Yet for those who are divorced, there is still much to be hoped for and expected in terms of fulfillment and happiness in life, particularly in the forgetting of self and in the rendering of service to others."
James E. Faust, “Enriching Your Marriage,” Liahona, Apr 2007, 2–6

No comments: