Monday, November 18, 2013

We’re all fighting a hard battle


This story doesn’t involve any abuse or healing or anything of that sort. But it is something I feel like sharing today. Today one of our lessons at church was on serving others. As soon as I saw the topic I thought of something that happened roughly 8 years ago.

At the time I didn’t have any kids. I struggled emotionally, not only with infertility but with depression. One day things were particularly rough. I laid in my room and cried and prayed for someone to talk to. That next Sunday my Visiting Teacher came up to me, “The other day I kept getting prompted to call you, but I figured you’re fine!” and she walked away.

So, if you are ever prompted or inspired to serve someone (call them, visit them, help them, take them cookies), DO IT!

No comments: