Wednesday, July 23, 2014

10 Ways To Talk To Your Kids About Sexual Abuse

Great article (here)!

I agree with everything said! My daughter is 4 and we've already had conversations easing into this. I need to do more and talk to my 3-year-old son too! For me, the sexual abuse started when I was 14 or 15, it was by someone I knew, a non-family member, I was never told to keep it a secret- I just didn't tell anyone. I once over reacted to a lady in public touching my back (my mom and sister were with me), it wasn't until 13 years later that I told my mom, that was my sign that something was wrong! My parents never talked to me about sexual abuse. Now, I don't hold any ill-feelings for my parents for not talking to me about it, however I do feel if they had I might have been more open about it and it would not of lasted 3 years!

No comments: