Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Do what you love, love what you do.


I am not very athletic, like at all! I don't run, I don't play sports, I don't enjoy those things at all! I do enjoy going on walks with my kids, but I don't even do that very often.

Earlier this year Em got her first real bike. A month or so later Brax also got his first real bike. Brad also having a bike and loves taking the kids for bike rides. If I did go, I would walk. I didn't hate doing this, but I didn't love it either.

We have talked about getting me a bike ever since Brax got his. We've look at biked and talked about it, but have never decided to actually go for it. When you're just glad if you make ends meet, spending $100 on a bike is a stretch! Monday we happened to be at Wal-Mart and saw these amazing bikes for  right around $100. The more we talked about it, the more excited I got! Okay, let's do it! We decided to walk down another aisle where the bikes we had been looking at were. Since I don't love hot pink and purple I wasn't too fond of the colors of the one we were planning on getting. As we looked we went to the one we had been planning on getting eventually and noticed it as on sale. For $50!!! Needless to say, we bought it!

Tuesday evening we decided to all go on a bike ride. On a whim I grabbed my phone, ear buds and Brad's old phone case he used when he ran. Brad attached it all to my bike for me and we were off. Not too long into the bike ride I realized something... I LOVE THIS!

It wasn't boring. It wasn't exhausting. It wasn't stressful. It was the opposite. I listened to my music, rode along the trail and felt completely relaxed. Brad tracked how far we went on his phone and it was just under 4 miles and I hardly broke a sweat! I enjoyed every second of it!

The next day, well, let's just say I learned my lesson to not go 1 mile all downhill when you are even a little bit sore from the previous day! The following day I ended up walking about 2 miles, so I passed on the bike ride.

This morning it was one of the first things I wanted to do! This was my first ride alone (that I actually enjoyed and didn't feel like I was going to die). I downloaded an app to track how far I've gone and I love it. It tells me when I've hit a mile and how long I have been riding and what my speed it. I decided to do 4 miles today. It was so amazing. I seriously didn't want to stop, but I kept reminding myself that the farther I go, the farther I have to go back and I don't want a repeat of Wednesday! I have been loving everything about it. I'm exercising, which is great for my depression, I am out enjoying nature, I get to listen to music that I love and just escape from everything else for about 40 minutes. Check out my view-


I am actually looking forward to doing this, hopefully daily!
(My workout playlist here)

No comments: