Saturday, December 19, 2015

Depression

It's been 1 1/2 years since I have started opening up about my depression. I am so glad that I've had a great doctor the past few years that makes sure I'm on the right medication and that I'm doing well on it. I was able to go to a support group for around 11 months. Recently I went to counseling for several months. Now that we are done I feel like a new person. I have loved writing about my process, but at the same time I've been secretive about it.

I don't want to be secretive about this anymore. I have loved what I have learned and how I have grown over the past few years.

Even though I would have loved to have a hysterectomy years ago I feel like I needed to know what I know now.
1) Prozac works best for me!
I have been on 4 different medications and I always come back to Prozac.

2) Prozac and my cycles don't mix!
I feel more grateful now for both my hysterectomy and Prozac because I know this! Because I had a hysterectomy I am now able to stay on Prozac. I am so grateful that I can be on it and it is working so well.

Even though Prozac is working well I still have to put forth a LOT of effort! During my last counseling session my counselor told me, "Don't give Prozac all the credit." I know. Even though it works wonders I can still feel my body fighting it. If I didn't force myself to get up in the morning my body would love to sleep all day. Seriously, if I didn't set an alarm and the kids didn't wake me up I could sleep for 12 + hours a night withing flinching! Some mornings it is harder then others

No comments: