Thursday, February 11, 2016

It's just... words!

So often verbal abuse is blown off as "No big deal". I mean, after all it's just words, it's not like his hit you! We've all heard it before.

I read this article. It is all so true!
Another great read here- 11 Things to Remember When You Think You’re Not Good Enough

Being told you are not good enough, you carry that with you for years! It's not something that can easily be forgotten.

False: "You're just too sensitive."

False: "What he said wouldn't hurt other people!"

False: "Well, at least he didn't hit you!"

Fact: "You would be better off if he physically abused you."
Shocking that this is TRUE, but it is! It is easier to emotionally overcome physical abuse than it is to emotionally overcome emotional abuse!

I read this quote, "A narcissist doesn't care how he makes you feel as long as he provokes an emotion from you, it makes him feel superior and powerful." Still to this day, 12 years after I left the abuse, Grandpa will say things to try to purposely make me mad! There are times when I don't know if what he is saying it true or a lie, he is willing to say anything to get that emotional response out of me!


No comments: