Thursday, June 9, 2016

Good Days and Bad Days

Even on Prozac I have my good days and bad days. I feel like I've been in a "bad" rut lately. Not too bad, but not good, maybe we'll call it a "Meh" rut. Today was a good day. A VERY good day! I feel so accomplished! I always have to rejoice on my good days. They just feel so good after feeling blah.

It's only 3:30 in the afternoon and I was up by 9:30, got dressed, eat lunch, fed the kids lunch, went to the lake with a friend and her kids, had a tantrum-free trip to WalMart with the kids, took the kids swimming, started a load of laundry, tidied up my room, emptied the dishwasher, refilled the dishwasher and started it, got the kids to clean their rooms, and even started thinking about dinner! What? It might sound like a normal day for a mom, but I'm not a normal mom. I struggle sometimes, okay a LOT! I fight like crazy to make sure my kids have a mom that's there for them. A mom that they don't just remember as watching TV all day. It would be easy for me to do that. I'd love to do nothing but that, but at the same time that isn't who I truly want to be. I have yet to watch TV today, unless you count me peeking up at the Minion movie while cooking dinner as watching TV.

and now my husband is home!!!!

*Update on dinner- Not only did I plan it, but I actually carried it out! Not just that, but I made Chicken Parmesan. I LOVE Chicken Parm, but normally hate making it. Tonight I found myself not hating it! It make me wonder, maybe it wasn't "me" who didn't like cooking it, maybe it was just depressed me? The last time I remember making it was like 10 years ago! Maybe I have made it more recently, but I don't remember!

No comments: