Thursday, July 20, 2017

Hard Things

I've been meaning to post this for a while now and kept forgetting. Almost 2 months ago a sister in my ward bore her testimony and I knew I needed to blog it. It was so insightful, enlightening and inspirational.

The youth in our ward were about to go on a pioneer trek. She shared that her teenaged son didn't want to go. She told him that he needed to and she knew he would love it in the end and have a spiritual experience. She said how Heavenly Father does the same thing to us. He puts us in situations that we don't want to do something, because He knows that in the end we will be grateful for it and will have had a spiritual experience.

I had never thought of that before. She put it so beautifully. I'm sure my post isn't doing it justice.

No comments: