Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Forgiveness

10-18-17

This post has been on my mind a lot lately. I'm not sure if any family members are going to wonder why I acted the way I did, or if they won't notice. Honestly, I hope they don't notice. I don't want to seem rude, but I keep my distance for a reason. A reason I have kept a secret from my family for so many years. Maybe some of you have noticed that I leave the room sometimes when Grandpa is around. Yes, I do avoid him. Why? Because he was so extremely abusive to me. At age 18 it nearly destroyed me. As some of you might recall back then (2003) Grandma wasn't functioning and wasn't there for me emotionally. I felt alone and abandoned, stuck in this abusive environment. Grandpa didn't want anyone to know, but I even lived with Gary and Jill for a while because I had to move out.

Yes, I have forgiven him. However, that doesn't mean that I have to, or want to, have him be a part of my life. I have purposely kept my distance from him because of everything that happened growing up.

No comments: