Sunday, December 3, 2017

The Lemon Tree


I've been putting off this post for a while now. After doing a lot of soul searching, thought and pray I know it is time. I need to do this for me. As I was juicing lemons the other day I couldn't help but think this is most likely the last year I will be getting lemons from my dad's lemon tree. Why? Because he passed away 2 weeks ago. I haven't posted anything about it because I've had so many mixed emotions. Of course I loved him, he was my dad. At the same time I've struggled because we haven't had the best relationship over the past 20 years. It has been extremely hard because to everyone that knew him he was the most amazing person there was. To me, he was abusive. I'm sure to those who knew him it is hard to believe. I know what I lived through and experienced was real. I'm not saying these things to make him look bad, I don't want to upset anyone, I am doing this for me. Because of my experiences I am who I am today. It is a part of who I am and always will be. I have learned and grown so much because of my experiences. As hard as it was, I wouldn't trade it for the world because I love the person I've become.

No comments: