Saturday, August 15, 2009

8/15/2009

I love to blog or write about anything, mostly my experiences. I started my infertility blog, but discovered that 5 million other people blog about the same thing. I think it is interesting that I can NOT find any other blog or web sites that mention HOPE. Well, I know of one other one and the same person writes articles on another blog, which I enjoy reading. As I was reading one of her articles the last paragraph got me.

"Forgiveness does not require acceptance of abuse or acceptance of an abusive person. But when hurt has healed, when victims have realized that the abuse is not something they caused or deserved, when they have tried sincerely to understand the offender, and when they have prayed for charity and spiritual guidance, then peace of mind and true forgiveness will come."

This past week my friend and I have been talking about others pushing forgiveness. When I was seeing Aaron that is one thing he was constantly asking me, "Have you forgiven him?" Well, no at the time I had not. I had hardly accepted what he had done and I in no way had started dealing with it. It is one thing that members of my family have told me, "All you have to do it forgive and forget!" FYI, it is NOT that easy! Yes, forgiveness is very much important, but I can't stress it enough, it is a process. During SOLE I remember hearing over and over again how we needed to work on forgiveness, but it was something that might take us a lifetime to achieve. It is not something that happens overnight. Sometimes it is very hard for the abused to forgive because they feel like they are "letting it slide", like somehow by forgiving they are not condoning the behavior or acts against them.

No comments: