Monday, May 23, 2011

Keep moving forward

I love the movie "Meet the Robinsons". Every time I watch it I end up in tears. I reflect on my life and how things turned out.

I know people who don't change for the better. People continue the cycle of abuse. Ones who deny anything happened. They live their life as lies. They put on a smile, play the part and think no one will know. I see facebook statues and blogs that I know deep down aren't true. They depict a life of perfect happiness but behind closed doors they are unhappy, struggling and miserable. It's so sad to see this happen.

I know I can't fix these people. And as sad as it is, I can't help but think about how grateful I am for the life I have. It's not perfect, but I love it!

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward..." ~Walt Disney

I love this saying because it's so true for my life. I look back to see how far I've come. I look back to see how blessed I've been. It still astonishes me all the time how things were and how they are now.
And the song "little wonders" by Rob Thomas that is in Meet the Robinsons, my all time favorite song and goes so well with the movie and this post!

No comments: